Go to index page.
A program to dump (text only) general information about GIF file.
giftext [-q] [-c] [-e] [-z] [-p] [-r] [-h] gif-file
If no gif-file is given, GifText will try to read a GIF file from stdin.
As giftext can generate huge amounts of data, ^C will kill it, but 'q' will
stop only the printing (of one of -e, -z, -p), while file integrity will still
- Quiet mode. Defaults off on MSDOS, on under UNIX. Controls printout
of running scan lines. Use -q- to invert.
- Dumps the color maps.
- Dumps encoded bytes - the pixels after compressed using LZ
algorithm and chained to form bytes. This is the form the data is saved
in the GIF file. Dumps in hex - 2 digit per byte.
- Dumps the LZ codes of the image. Dumps in hex - 3 digits per
code (as we are limited to 12 bits).
- Dumps the pixels of the image. Dumps in hex - 2 digit per
- Dumps raw pixels as one byte per pixel. This option inhibits all
other options and only the pixels are dumped. This option may be used to
convert GIF files into raw data. Note: the color map can be extracted by
gifclrmp utility. If more than one image is included in the file, all
images will be dumped in order.
- Print one line of command line help, similar to Usage above.
Eric S. Raymond <email@example.com>